Positive Effects of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on your website
When you create, design or develop website for Business or for any purpose, it should be designed/developed with clear concept or vision which will help visitors and surfers to know your business as well as concept plus vision of your website. To give this all thing as well to get your website noticed on Search Engines for particular services, concept, product or etc. The website should be optimized properly here comes the Positive Effects of SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization.
You must have read a lot of articles/blogs on SEO, and also must have understood the concept. Now here you will get the core initiatives which you have to follow to get SEO affect working on you website.
For details go through the following steps and get your website ready with the below prerequisite list:
- ° 301 redirects to preserve search engine rankings
- ° "Dynamically generate search engine friendly URLs for product and content pages e.g. www.yoursite.com/category-name/product-name instead of www.yoursite.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=037012&cid=144&language=en-GB"
- ° Dynamic XML sitemap that is submitted on a regular basis.
- ° HTML sitemap that is auto generated based on your catalogue and site structure.
- ° Keywords Initial Ranking Report.
- ° Custom 404 error page.
- ° Robots.txt file is provided and we can access and edit when required.
- ° "Core provision for meta content (title, description, keywords) that is auto generated when you load new products and content pages and can also be edited easily from within the CMS".
- ° "Text links in navigation not images; if coders are using sIFR (flash replacements) push them for clarification on how this is being done to ensure it complies with accessibility standards".
- ° Header/Footer Links Required.
- ° Ensuring flash objects are search engine friendly.
- ° RSS feeds to support product and news announcements e.g. deal of the day.
- ° Page load time to meet agreed threshold but make sure you define how load speed is measured e.g. after all page elements have loaded – this factor will be included in Google’s algorithm in 2010.
- ° "Social media content such as blogs are hosted on your primary website domain using an SEO friendly blog engine (e.g. Wordpress is better than Blogger) - blogs usually sit on a sub-domain such as blog.yoursite.com to ensure you benefit from the search engine juice.